Why is it perfect for experts?
Butalu Crepe is a self-adhesive butyl sealing tape on a stretchable strengthened aluminium film. The special gathered aluminium layer can be stretched up to 60%. Butalu Crepe was developed to make homes airtight to fit the concept of passive home building. Butalu Crepe perfectly fits around all uneven shapes and structures.
Why use Butalu Crepe ?
Butalu Crepe has uses including finishing roof edges, corners and chimneys and is also an ideal membrane for sealing roof support points. Butalu Crep perfectly fits around all uneven shapes and structures such as on roofs, dormer windows, skylights, gutters, pipes, ..., and is compatible with most building materials, metals and synthetics.
- Remove protective film.
- Apply to dry, clean surface.
- Press with a roller.
It is recommended to first apply a coat of Butaseal or Seal & Bond PH Butyl to very porous materials to fill uneven surfaces and guarantee sealing.
BUTYL TAPE ON STRETCHABLE ALUMINIUM FILM
- Thickness: 1.2 mm.
- Colour of butyl: grey.
- Colour of the aluminium top layer: anthracite.
- Stretch length: 60%.
- Tensile strength: 150N/50 mm.
- Breaking strain: 20% (in length after 60% stretching).
- Sensitive to solvents: yes.
- Density: 1.4 g/cm³.
- Peeling force: >70N.
- UV resistance: very good.
- Application temperature: +3°C to +40°C.
- Temperature resistance: -30°C to +80°C with peaks to +140°C for 24 hours.
- Storage 24 months in a dry, sheltered place at a temperature between +5°C and +30°C.
- Freezing temperatures cannot damage the product.
- At temperatures higher than +30°C the protective foil can be more difficult to remove.